The Accident Team is committed to delivering at all times, a quality service to our clients. This means that we will:
- Respond promptly to your messages and mail
- Answer your calls politely and without delay
- Provide information about what we do in a way that is clear and easy to understand
- Make our services easily available to anyone
- Respond to criticism about what we do or how we do things and take appropriate steps to ensure that slip-ups are put right
- Treat our clients fairly and with respect
Complaints about our solicitors
If you find it necessary to make a complaint about the firm of solicitors that we have referred your case to, this should be made directly to that firm as your complaint will be dealt with by them under that firm’s own complaints procedure.
If we receive any complaints about the service provided by our solicitors here at The Accident Team, we will forward these directly onto the firm dealing with your case. As a last resort, you are entitled to refer your case to the Legal Ombudsman if you feel that your complaint has not been dealt with to your satisfaction by the firm of solicitors.
Complaints about The Accident Team
If something has gone wrong with our service or you feel that we could have done better, you can complain to The Accident Team. This could be about the way a member of our team handled your case or our service generally.
How to complain
You can make a complaint:
- in writing
- by email
- by phone
- by SMS
If you make a complaint, it will help us to help you if you tell us:
- what you feel has gone wrong
- when it happened
- who dealt with your case
How we will handle your complaint
If you make a complaint to us either by phone, SMS, email or in writing, as a first step, we will acknowledge your complaint within two working days. We will also:
- Confirm the contact details of the person handling your complaint
- Properly investigate your complaint
- Respond to you with our findings and take appropriate steps to resolve your complaint within 28 days or
- Make clear why if it has not been possible to resolve your complaint within 28 days, and advise you when we think it will be resolved
- Confirm the details of the person you should contact if you are still unhappy
If your complaint is upheld, we will resolve the complaint in the most appropriate way (it might be that work has to be redone, or financial compensation is required). We will also tell you about the steps we will take to make sure the mistake is not repeated.
Your right to confidentiality will always be respected and should you make a complaint to us, you will not be treated adversely. The Accident Team and its solicitors reserve the right to decline taking into consideration complaints made more than 6 months after the event.
Client Services Dept
The Accident Team
If for any reason you are not satisfied with the way in which we have handled your complaint or if your complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
Their details are as follows:
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333