- Burn injury claims Solicitor
- Chemical injury claims Solicitor
- Food poisoning claims Solicitor
- Industrial disease claims Solicitor
- Injury claims Solicitor
- Ankle injury claims Solicitor
- Arm injury compensation
- Back injury compensation
- Elbow injury compensation
- Eye injury compensation
- Face injury claims
- Foot injury claims Solicitor
- Hand injury claims
- Head injury claims Solicitor
- Knee injury claims Solicitor
- Leg injury claims Solicitor
- Neck injury claims Solicitor
- Neck injury compensation
- Shoulder injury claims Solicitor
- Wrist injury claims Solicitor
- Medical negligence claims Solicitor
- Personal injury
- Serious injury claims Solicitor
- Sport injury claims Solicitor
- Whiplash claims Solicitor
- Work injury claims Solicitor
Burn injury claims Solicitor
Burns and scarring
Victims of burn injuries will be the first to admit that these type of injuries can be excruciatingly painful and, in the worst cases can lead to debilitating scarring and disfigurement. In the most severe cases, burn injuries may also affect major organs.
Burn victims are also likely to experience symptoms of emotional trauma and suffer long-term psychological distress as a result of their injuries, which is why burn injury compensation is so important to the victim.
Causes of burns and scarring
Direct heat onto the skin from for example, red hot objects, flames, radiation (sunburn) and hot liquids or steam (scalds) are the most common types of burns requiring medical treatment. Burns such as electrical burns which can be much more serious, occur less frequently.
Burn injuries can also occur if a victim comes into contact with corrosive liquids (acid) or chemicals.
- Cleaning products
- Serious road accidents
Claiming compensation for burns
Thankfully, most burn injuries are self treated without the need for medical intervention. If you have been injured in an accident which was caused by the careless actions of another person and you have suffered a burn injury which has led to scarring, you have a legal right to claim compensation for your injuries.
People we help
For more details on the kind of people who have made successful no win, no fee* burn injury claims with our solicitor firms, whether in Sheffield, Doncaster or elsewhere in England and Wales, here are some case studies:
- Factory worker awarded £1,800 compensation for acid burns at work >>
- Client wins £4,500 for burn injuries from hot coffee on train >>
If you’re wondering “how much could I claim?”, or you’d simply like to discuss your claim, please get in touch on Freephone 0800 999 3738 for landlines, or 0330 999 0031 for mobiles. You can also text ‘CLAIM’ to 78866.
If you prefer, you can use our claims form and we will call you back at a time that is convenient to you.